Can I Seek Damages For Scarring Or Disfigurement?

Serious injuries that leave you with scarring or disfigurement can be an endless reminder of the trauma you experienced. The cost of the emotional distress from a scar or disfigurement is subjective. It is based upon how the person feels about it. These injuries can drastically alter how you perceive yourself, causing overwhelming emotional challenges. You may also face physical impairment or pain in addition.

When another party's negligence caused these injuries, our firm is here to help you hold them accountable through legal action. Discuss your case with a lawyer at D'Alessandro & Wright, LLC. We are here to prioritize your needs and fight tenaciously to get you the justice you deserve.

Common Types Of Scarring Injuries

Scarring and disfigurement often result from collisions such as those involving truck collisions, defective products, deep burns or construction sites. Any injuries that penetrate the deeper layers of skin can cause permanent damage.

The most typical types of disfiguring injuries include:

  • Loss of limb or amputation
  • Facial damage such as teeth or eye loss
  • Improper medical care following a surgery or wound
  • Hypertrophic scars
  • Keloid scars
  • Contracture scars
  • Atrophic scars

Although the body can repair some damage, severe injuries can prevent your body from returning to normal. Very serious scarring may warrant a lawsuit against the party that caused the original injury. We can help you take the necessary steps to hold them accountable.

Speak With Our Stalwart Legal Team

Our lawyers have more than 25 years of experience handling personal injury cases in Rhode Island. We have gained a significant number of winning verdicts for clients. Our attorneys never lose sight of the end goal: helping you get the justice and compensation you deserve.

Disfiguring injuries have a significant impact on your daily life, whether it affects you emotionally or physically. Schedule a time to consult a lawyer from our Providence firm at 401-308-3596 or with our online intake form.