Contending For Compensation After Your Boating Collision
Rhode Island’s coastline attracts both residents and tourists with abundant recreational water opportunities. However, tragic collisions often happen when boaters neglect to observe regulations and safety.
If your serious boating collision was due to the negligent actions of another party, D’Alessandro & Wright, LLC, will help you seek justice. Our attorneys understand that you need and deserve full financial recovery during this difficult time.
Our Firm Fights Boating Negligence
Boating collisions can be caused in numerous ways, but most cases relate to human error and negligence. These collisions might never have occurred if another party had acted responsibly.
Common causes of boating collisions include:
- Operation of a boat while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inexperienced operation
- Distractions, recklessness or speeding
- Improper or negligent boat maintenance
- Machinery failure
In the wake of these situations, we take the necessary steps to bring the responsible party to justice. Our main goal is to be your advocate in the pursuit of damages. We will challenge anyone who stands in the way of your recovery.
How We Build A Strong Case
As with any other type of collision, evidence can give you an advantage while explaining your boating collision to an insurance company or a judge. Our attorneys will thoroughly collect any evidence that could help your case. We then determine how to effectively present that information.
For boating collisions, the following evidence can help build a strong foundation for your case:
- Photos: If possible, take pictures at the scene of the collision.
- Witness statements: If witnesses were present at the time of the collision, their statements will be crucial to corroborate your version of events.
- Police reports: Call the police after being involved in a boating collision. The police report will include details of the collision, including potential causes and fault – such as drunk or careless boating.
- Phone records: If distraction played a part in the boating collision, the at-fault party’s phone records could show whether they were busy with their phone.
- Medical records: Never hesitate to seek medical attention after a boating collision. These records can establish a timeline and cause of your injuries.
Choose Our Dependable Attorneys
At D’Alessandro & Wright, LLC, we believe that you should receive fair compensation for your significant injuries. Call our firm in Providence and Warwick at 401-308-3596 to schedule a free initial consultation or communicate with us online.