“I WAS BORN TO FIGHT AND LIVE TO WIN FOR YOU.”
I have been fighting, negotiating and arbitrating for as long as I can remember. I have never been afraid of confrontation or standing up for what I believe is right.
As the youngest of four kids, I learned very early on how to assert my position in this world. Dinner time was an exercise in being heard. May the loudest, best, and most relevant opinion win.
I was raised in an old school Italian family where fighting was the typical language spoken at home. “We’re not arguing, we’re just talking?”. In elementary and high school, I got in trouble from time to time. I wasn’t a bad kid but rather just not afraid to speak my mind even to those of authority.
I played sports before there were participation trophies. Competition was a reality of life and everyone didn’t win. I hated to ever lose (still do) but I’m thankful for it. Had I never experienced a failure, I would not understand how it teaches you how to win.
During law school, I was a bartender part-time to help pay the bills. I learned a lot about people as they often told me their troubles at the bar. I saw both the great and the not so great in people. Men being physically inappropriate or aggressive towards woman or tough guys starting brawls with an underdog. Back then and today, I never think twice. I defend the indefensible.
Little did I know at the time, that’s my life’s work in a nutshell. For over 28 years as an attorney, it’s my job and innate response to protect and advocate for those that can’t. In 2004, I took on a controversial case that to me was an obvious wrong. Most other lawyers told me that I’d never win, was crazy, and it would ruin my reputation. I simply saw a victim of obvious and immoral corporate greed that was clearly wronged.
Well, I did win that case.
In my life, I have never walked away from a fight. If you are a victim of an obvious injustice, I am here to fight for you too.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice, 1997 to Present
- Justinian Law Society, 1993 to Present
- American Bar Association, 2000 to Present
- The National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2006 to Present
- Rhode Island Association of Justice, 1993 to Present
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, 2011 to Present
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 to Present
- Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 to Present
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, 1991 to Present
- Rhode Island
Member Since: 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
Member Since: 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
Member Since: 2014
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law - Denver, Colorado - J.D. - 1992
- University of Rhode Island - Kingston, Rhode Island - B.A., Major: Economics
- LaSalle Academy - Providence, Rhode Island
- 1 Over 30 Years of Experience
- 2 Proven Results
- 3 Champion for You and Your Case